Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Lymphoma and leukemia respond positively to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Some Cancers can sneak up – they do not hurt until a potentially lethal Stage 4 status.


Liz at the San Diego Clinic 
I had actually been friends with this young father for quite some years. He invited me for lunch. I was shocked to see him – normally the healthiest looking and most handsome fellow one could meet. 

At lunch as I looked across the table at him, his face was all puffy and his throat lumps and bumps. “What's the matter with you” I asked?   for the purposes of the blog and patient confidentiality we will give him a name “Bill”. 

Bill's broad shoulders slumped and he told me “I have just been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have a large mass just over my heart and this is causing constriction of blood vessels going to my head. I feel terrible and I am frightened too”

He went on to explain that his father was an oncologist and  telling him that he had good chance of survival if he started radiation and chemotherapy immediately. 

“He told me that he could get me plenty of painkilling drugs that would get me through the chemotherapy. I just do not know what to do.” 

Bill’s wife arrived and said “I think that we should do something else before we go the conventional route. Let us try diet, hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I am a believer in ‘New German  Medicine'.”

As I pointed out to them both that a physician's prescription is required.  “My dad will write it” answered Bill.

I had great confidence that this would work. The reason was because of what I called the New Year's Miracle.  It happened this way:

I was walking my little dog Sophie on the beach in Hawaii.  The Tradewinds had turned up a huge ocean, with 45 feet facers washing against the windward sides of the islands.  The beach that Sophie and I were on was protected.

Nonetheless, out of the blue ocean came huge wave and we instantly went from ankle-deep to chest deep.  Sophie disappeared in the white foam up into the jungle. Then as the huge wave receded, the tiny head popped up out of the water and she was being rushed out to sea. As she came beneath my legs at a great rate, I scooped her out of the water.  An Australian Rules football player could not have been more precise. A lot of the watching people are applauded and yelled. Then I heard a voice call “Sandsie, Sandsie” and here was Liz. 

Is there any such thing as coincidence?

Liz, Sandsie and Sophie -- Hawaii, New Year's Day 2011

I had not seen Liz for three years – she was a Hodgkin's Lymphoma patient that had come from Detroit to our  San Diego hyperbaric center. Her physician had prescribed hyperbaric oxygen therapy prior to regular oncology treatments. But she could not find the clinic that would treat her, even with her prescription in hand.  

At the Clinic she said "Sandsie, the scans show I have a huge mass in my abdomen, but it does not hurt at all. I feel fine -- and as you know, I dance for a living." All told Liz  had about thirty treatments before she had to return back to her home state. 

After her she left sort of lost back of her for some years. Now he she was standing on a beach in Hawaii on her honeymoon. 
Ten minutes this way or that way -- one rogue wave -- we would have missed each other!

How was she?

“When I went home the oncologists could not believe just how little I needed by way of chemotherapy. I did not need radiation at all -- something that they were insisting on before my hyperbarics.  I am now totally healthy and back  dancing for a living.”   

Liz experience put paid to the notion that hyperbaric oxygen therapy would actually make cancers thrive and grow . . .

Back to Bill.  When he turned up at the Clinic, we had no doubts in our mind that hyperbarics would only help him and not hurt him. “My father is so doubtful. He believes that the mass in my chest is so involved around my heart, I need immediate radiation to shrink it to survive. But I told him that if I was not seeing improvements with hyperbaric oxygen then I would do it his way. So he wrote the prescription.”

By his tenth hyperbaric treatment, the swollen face and neck had normalized. By the fifteenth treatment, his scans show a twenty percent reduction in the size  of the lymphoid mass.


 Read the report -- the "CONCLUSION" (above)Aaa


. . . all of this with zero regular oncology interventions – just hyperbaric oxygen, “German Medicine” and exercise. Six months later, Bill is back to being his old self. None of the pain, the hair loss, the alteration of moods with massive steroid doses.

And not one day lost from his work.

More on the science in my next BLOG 

3 comments:

  1. Where do you receive this treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often did you need the treatment...daily? Can you go 2 or 3x per week and still get the same results?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How often did you need the treatment...daily? Can you go 2 or 3x per week and still get the same results?

    ReplyDelete